Kids from 6 to 11 years will love these school holiday workshops in a single day!
They will have a crazy time rehearsing, staging and filming a fairytale version of one of the classic tales! With age appropriate scripts, music and costumes kids will be learning basic performance skills, making friends and building their confidence. Every child will have a role to play plus family and friends get a copy of the recording at the end of the day!
Tuesday 23 Jan: Alice in Wonderland
Wednesday 24 Jan: Beauty and the Beast
Thursday 25 Jan: Little Mermaid
Tuesday 30 Jan: Little Mermaid
Wednesday 31 Jan: Jungle Book
Thursday 1 Feb: Alice in Wonderland
Duration: One action-packed day of theatre and fun
Location: Exitleft CBD Studio, 46 Murray Street, Hobart
Time: 9am to 3pm (doors open 8:45am, collection is at 3pm*)
Tickets: $99 per session
Performance: You will receive a download link at the end of the day to see and share the film!
Age range: 6-11 years Please note: We often get asked if 5-year-olds can participate. We find that unless they are quite confident, able to follow direction well and comfortable with concentrating for the entire six hours they are not ready yet for these workshops.
What to bring: Children should wear black pants and a white top and bring a hairbrush, Lunch, snacks and a bottle of water. Please note students should not bring food to share. We are a nut-free and device-free zone.
Special educational or medical needs: If your child has special educational or medical needs and you are not sure about registering, please contact us directly and we can discuss with you whether the workshop environment will work well for them.
Terms and Conditions
By registering my child for this workshop I have read and understood the following terms and conditions of enrolment:
- Children must be 6 years old to participate.
- Once a program has commenced no refund or credit note is possible.
- If you miss a session, a credit or refund is not applicable.
- If you need to withdraw from the session you must notify us in writing 48 hours prior to the commencement. We will provide you with options for another session within the current holiday period (if available) or a credit note. No refunds for change of mind.
- If your child is unwell on the day please keep them home and we will arrange to provide you with a credit note for another workshop. You must let us know prior to 8am via info at exitleft.com.au as we have students on waiting lists for these sessions.
- Should ExitLeft need to cancel a program a full refund, credit or transfer to another course will be offered.
- Credit notes for future Holiday Workshops will be valid for 6 months.
- If your child is unable to settle, they refuse to participate or their behaviour is unacceptable (including adhering to social distancing guidelines) you will be contacted and asked to collect them immediately. No refund will be applicable.
- If a child is collected after 3:15pm you may be charged a late collection fee of $20 per ten minutes*.
- Substitutions of participants can be made prior to program commencement by notifying ExitLeft in writing, provided participants are eligible for the course.
- ExitLeft may offer a substitute workshop if workshop numbers are low. You will be notified up to 48 hours before and given the opportunity for a credit note or refund if this occurs.
- Parts of the program may take place in locations other than the Studio. These excursions will all be within walking distance of the studio and students will be fully supervised.
- You give permission for photography, video or audio recording of the student for teaching purposes, usage in promotional and publicity material for the ExitLeft Performance Academy, and on social media.
- Fairytale Theatre Holiday Workshops are are a nut-free and device free zone.