A BRIDGE BETWEEN COLLEGE LEVEL AND UNIVERSITY
“I love performing and I want to pursue it as a career”
In Grade Eleven and Twelve our students start making choices about their career path. They may love being on stage and want to create exceptional performances, they might need help with their music and drama exams, or if they are serious about becoming a professional, we can help them achieve their goals.
The Academy does not take new performing arts program enrolments in Grade 11/12/University.
COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY & GAP YEAR
Students coming into Grade 11, 12 and University, or taking their gap year, will have already been studying music and drama with the Academy. Studies in College become about honing skills and focusing on creating professional performances.
- Opportunities to jump on board our performance team that provides entertainment for corporate and charity events
- Preparation for auditions to become the lead in college and community musicals
- A level of study that becomes a bridging course between College and University
- Monologue preparation for tertiary auditions
- Becoming role-models and mentors for younger students
- Students develop the ability to perform solos at a semi-professional level
- Most students who study until Grade 12 at ExitLeft go on to study at University or further education
- Tuesday 5-7pm
- Wednesday 5-7pm
- Thursday 5-7pm
For Grade 11 and 12 students, individual lessons become about interpretation, offers and telling the story.
- Students who are studying music performance require a 40min solo lesson
- 30 or 40min Singing
- 30min Piano (Hobart studio)
- 30min Guitar (Hobart studio)
- 30 or 40min Acting (only available if a student requires help with specific audition or performance coaching)