A BRIDGE BETWEEN COLLEGE LEVEL AND UNIVERSITY
“I love performing and I want to pursue it as a career”
In Grade Eleven and Twelve our students start making choices about their career path. They may love being on stage and want to create exceptional performances, they might need help with their music and drama exams, or if they are serious about becoming a professional, we can help them achieve their goals.
The Academy does not take new performing arts program enrolments in Grade 11/12/University.
COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY & GAP YEAR
Students coming into Grade 11, 12 and University, or taking their gap year, will have already been studying music and drama with the Academy. Studies in College become about honing skills and focusing on creating professional performances.
- Opportunities to become part of the team providing entertainment for corporate and charity events
- Preparation for auditions to become the lead in college and community musicals
- A level of study that becomes a bridging course between College and University
- Monologue preparation for tertiary auditions
- Becoming role-models and mentors for younger students
- Developing the ability to perform solos at a semi-professional level
- Most students who study until Grade 12 at ExitLeft go on to study at University or further education
- Tuesday 5-7pm
- Wednesday 5-7pm
- Thursday 5-7pm
For Grade 11 and 12 students, individual lessons become about interpretation, offers and telling the story. We recommend Students who are studying music performance at College have two 30min or one 60min solo lesson per week to get through the material.
- 30 or 60min Singing
- 30min Piano (Hobart studio)
- 30min Guitar (Hobart studio)
- 30 or 60min Acting (for students requiring help with specific audition or performance coaching)
THE STAGE SCHOOL PROJECT
What is ExitLeft most famous for? our shows! Well, we have been hard at work preparing some fantastic shows that your children can be part of with our 2017 Stage School project. This fast-tracked theatre performance training project gives students the chance to expand their skills in singing, acting, choreography and stagecraft culminating in a fully staged show at the Peacock Theatre. Anyone who is participating in an ExitLeft Performance class can sign up with auditions only to determine who is playing which part. Stage School provides an intensive boost to performance skills and gives the kids the chance to shine in an ExitLeft show!
DEAR EDWINA (GRADE 5-12)
From the team that wrote Taylor the Latte Boy comes a heartwarming musical about the joys of growing up. The show’s heroine is an advice-giver extraordinaire, like a spunky, singing version of Dr Phil!
$24 x 25 rehearsal/performances
Sundays 2-5pm (Starting 11 March)
- Dress Rehearsals:
Monday 20 Aug 6:30-9:30pm
Tuesday 21 Aug 6:30-9:30pm and
Wednesday 22 Aug 6:30-9:30pm
Thursday 23 Aug 8pm
Friday 24 Aug 8pm and
Saturday 25 Aug 8pm and
Sunday 26 Aug 2pm