A PLACE TO FEEL COMFORTABLE
“Music bursts out of class, followed by the silence of intense concentration and the roar of laughter”
Our students come into their own between Grade Seven and Ten. The studio is a place that feels like home, giving students room to build their skills in interpretation and storytelling in a safe environment. Classes have the feel of a ‘Glee Club’ with impromptu performances and jam sessions regularly breaking out.
GRADE SEVEN TO TEN
These classes make the transition from primary to high school easier, with existing friendships continuing and the provision of a safe place to learn while students deal with the changes high school brings.
- A space where teens feel comfortable, safe and accepted by other kids for who they are
- A place where they have permission to be silly – especially important for socially conscious teens
- Towards Grade 9, students start to step into leadership and mentoring roles where they can shine
- As skills develop, students can head towards a professional performance level for their age
- They become great team players, equally comfortable performing in a group or as a soloist
- Students start performing pieces with understanding and feeling
- They prepare for college level music and drama courses
- Tuesday 5-7pm
- Wednesday 5-7pm
- Thursday 5-7pm
Individual lessons are a great way to focus on development of skills and performance techniques. Students take part in Eisteddfods and AMEB exams.
- For students in Grade 7 to 10 a 30 minute lesson is perfect
- 30min Singing
- 30min Piano (Hobart studio)
- 30min Guitar (Hobart studio)
- 30min Acting (only available if a student requires help with specific audition or performance coaching)